RED ALERT!!!! IMMEDIATE CALL TO ACTION!!!!! RED ALERT
IMMEDIATE CALL TO ACTION: Pass MD House Joint Resolution #2. Delegate Mike Smigiel needs, and all Maryland citizens need, your help immediately!!!
Maryland House Joint Resolution 2 (HJ2) “Maryland Sovereignty under the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution” (sponsored by Del Mike Smigiel) is being purposefully TRAPPED in the House Rules Committee so as to kill the Resolution and prevent it from a public hearing and a vote in the MD House of Delegates! The House Rules Committee wants it to die. We want it to live!!! We want a public hearing and an eventual unanimous vote by both the MD House and the Senate before the end of the 2010 legislative session TO ASSERT MARYLAND’S US CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. The actual text of HJ2 may be seen as an attachment to this email. MD Government Link to the status of HJ2 is here:
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO MAKE SURE THIS IMPORTANT RESOLUTION LIVES?? MAKE A “JOYFUL” NOISE! SHOW YOUR DELEGATES THAT THEY REPRESENT THE CITIZENS OF MARYLAND!
1. WE NEED YOU TO SEND EMAILS AND TO CALL THE 23 DELEGATES ON THE HOUSE RULES COMMITTEE AND DEMAND THAT HJ2 IS RELEASED FROM THE COMMITTEE, SCHEDULED FOR A PUBLIC HEARING, AND VOTED ON BY BOTH THE MD HOUSE AND SENATE!
2. YOU MUST ALSO DEMAND THAT THE DELEGATES RESPOND DIRECTLY TO YOU WITH ANY REASONS AS TO WHY THEY DO NOT WANT HJ2 TO LEAVE THE RULES COMMITTEE. THIS WILL FORCE THEM TO RESPOND TO YOU AND BE ON PUBLIC RECORD AS TO WHY THEY DO NOT SUPPORT MARYLAND’S LEGAL RIGHT TO SOVEREIGNTY UNDER THE 10TH AMENDMENT TO THE US CONSTITUTION.
25 other states have introduced, passed, or are currently voting on similar 10th Amendment resolutions to restrict the Federal Government from illegally imposing any more unconstitutional, un-funded mandates upon the states. Don’t allow a few of your MD Delegates to deny our US Constitutional rights as a state.
Below are the email addresses and phone numbers of the 23 Delegates on the Rules Committee and instructions to create your own personal email to promote this Resolution:
1. Please copy and paste the list of email addresses seen below into the “TO” section of your email and put “Release HJ2 for Public Hearing” in the “SUBJECT” line.
2. Type up a simple email that says, “I want House Joint Resolution #2 to be released from the House Rules Committee immediately for a public hearing and a subsequent vote by the House of Delegates”. “I also want to know what is your specific reason why HJ2 has not been released from the Rules Committee, and why you are not supporting Maryland’s rights under the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution!”
3. Put your name and Maryland city at the end of your email to prove you are a resident of MD!!
Email addresses can be found here: http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/hsee.html
Phone numbers (if you prefer to call the Delegates directly!!):
Hattie Harrison, Chairman (D): (410) 841-3486, (301) 858-3486
Rudolf Cane, Vice Chairman (D): (410) 841-3427, (301) 858-3427
Elizabeth Bobo (D): (410) 841-3205, (301) 858-3205
Talmadge Branch (D): (410) 841-3398, (301) 858-3398
Norman Conway (D): (410) 841-3407, (301) 858-3407
Dereck Davis (D): (410) 841-3519, (301) 858-3519
Ann Marie Doory (D): (410) 841-3476, (301) 858-3476
Kathleen Dumais (D): (410) 841-3052, (301) 858-3052
Peter Hammen (D): (410) 841-3772, (301) 858-3772
Sheila Hixson (D): (410) 841-3469, (301) 858-3469
Carolyn J.B. Howard (D): (410) 841-3919, (301) 858-3919
Adrienne Jones (D): (410) 841-3391, (301) 858-3391
A. Wade Kach (R): (410) 841-3359, (301) 858-3359
James Malone, Jr (D): (410) 841-3378, (301) 858-3378
Maggie McIntosh (D): (410) 841-3990, (301) 858-3990
Anthony O’Donnell (R): (301) 858-3314, (410) 841-3314
Shane Pendergrass (D): (410) 841-3139, (301) 858-3139
James Proctor, Jr. (D): (410) 841-3083, (301) 858-3083
Samuel Rosenberg (D): (410) 841-3297, (301) 858-3297
David Rudolf (D): (410) 841-3444, (301) 858-3444
Christopher Shank (R): (410) 841-3636, (301) 858-3636
Joseph Vallario, Jr. (D): (410) 841-3488, (301) 858-3488
Mary Roe Walkup (R): (410) 841-3449, (301) 858-3449
How easy can it get! I’ve done half of the work for you! Get active! Get it done!! Pass this email onto all of your friends, family, concerned citizens, advocacy groups, etc, etc, etc!!! We can make the State of Maryland a better place for all of us!!
If you want to know more about other 10th Amendment Resolutions in state legislatures across the USA, go to http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/
Thanks for you help!